From July 2018 – July 2019 SEVENTH has eliminated exhibition fees and will be compensating all exhibiting artists!
Artist fees for July 2018 – July 2019
Gallery One: $150
Gallery Two: $150
Night Screen: $50
SEVENTH is a space that embraces experimentation, risk and diverse artistic practices. Our 2018 – 2019 annual program seeks to present work by emerging and underrepresented artists. We welcome solo or group exhibitions, performances and talks from artists and curators, as well as projects that operate outside of conventional exhibition formats.
We encourage proposals for:
– solo, curated or group exhibitions
– public programs including screenings, talks, workshops and performances
– emerging and early career artists and curators
– First Nations artists and curators
– artists and curators of diverse cultural backgrounds
– artists and curators with disability
To present work that is:
– critically engaged
– conceptually coherent
– responsible and socially aware
– site-specific to the physical architecture of SEVENTH’s spaces
– responsive to the Indigenous history of our home on stolen Wurundjeri land
Exhibitions run for 4 weeks. Successful applicants will receive support from SEVENTH Exhibition Liaison and Curatorial Mentors in the conceptual and logistical development of their shows.
If you are interested in holding an event, (i.e. performance, film screening, talk) that would not suit a traditional four week exhibition, please choose “other” for the Gallery Space preference question, and provide details of the event in the project description section.
Please note: we have closed our Gertrude Street-facing gallery. Gallery One has migrated upstairs. The Night Screen will present single-channel moving image works on a monitor in the former Project Space, accessible during gallery hours.
Questions? Please contact: email@example.com
APPLICATIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED. We will announce our next call out in early 2019.