SEVENTH is recruiting a Volunteer Coordinator to join the Board. The SEVENTH Volunteer Coordinator works closely with the Gallery Manager to train, roster and coordinate SEVENTH’s team of volunteers. Responsibilities of the role include recruiting and engaging volunteers, coordinating mentorship and professional development opportunities, and working collaboratively with other Board members to support the gallery’s operations. The Volunteer Coordinator is a volunteer position.
– Recruit new volunteers, including administering volunteer information and contact details, sending new volunteers up to date information kits and organising training sessions with the Gallery Manager.
– Create a new roster once every 4 weeks, sending the roster to volunteers and keeping track of sign ups.
– Liaising with the Gallery Manager and other board members to establish volunteer requirements for openings and other events or public programs.
– Hosting volunteers’ night every few months to establish a sense of community and engagement, as well as providing an opportunity for volunteers to provide feedback or ask questions.
– Providing support and mentoring to volunteers on their career or artistic pursuits, or putting them in contact with the board member that might best assist them.
– Providing volunteers with referrals for their volunteer contributions if required.
– Assisting the Gallery Manager in finding interns to assist on projects where needed.
To apply, please email a 1 page CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Sunday November 4, midnight.
Image credit: Alicia King, Machinations, 2018. Photo by Teagan Ramsay